Advantages of investing in a unit trust
- You have experts doing the hard work for
- There are many unit trusts to choose from.
- For many unit trusts, you can set up a
regular savings programme and have your savings drip-fed.
- Your resources are pooled with other investors,
allowing you to make investments impossible as an individual
- It helps you to easily diversify your investments.
- You get the benefits of greater economies
of scale, such as reduced transaction costs.
Disadvantages of investing in a unit trust
- There are costs over and above those you'd
pay if you were investing directly.
- Unit trusts may not be as liquid as some